317 North Henson Street
PO Box 9
Lake City, CO 81235
Phone 970-944-2225 ext: 120
Deputy Clerk ext: 121
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
Located downstairs in the Hinsdale County Courthouse.
Joan Roberts - County Clerk
Allison Athey - Deputy Clerk
The Hinsdale County Clerk can assist you with:
- Voter Registration
- Vehicle Title and Registration
- Election Information
- Marriage Licenses
- Liquor Licenses for the County of Hinsdale
- Copies: letter, $.25 page, legal, plats, $5 page
- Recording: $13 first page, $5 each additional page (per document)
- Documentary: $.01 per $100 of purchase price is sale is over $500
- Security Agreement Filings: $5 per page up to legal size, $10 per page over legal
- Faxing: $3 first three pages, $1 each additional page
- E-mailing fees: $3 first three pages, $1 each additional page
- Marriage License: $30
- Mailing Expenses: Actual postage costs
- Effective January 1, 2021 there will be a NSF charge for any returned checks
All elections are now conducted by mail. For questions about receiving a ballot, call Hinsdale County at 944-2225 and select the clerk's extension.
Primary Elections Results June 2022 - CLICK HERE
Search County Documents Online
You can now search County Documents online at iCounty.org for a fee. Searchable by index 1997 - current. Prior to 1997, contact clerk's office for book and page number. Daily, Monthly, and Yearly subscriptions are available. iCounty.org is a trusted and official contractor for the Hinsdale County Clerk.Visit iCounty.org and sign-up as a new user. Search on your time, when you need it-- wherever you are in the world. Records are still available to be physically searched by anyone able to visit the Clerks office during normal office hours.
NOTICE TO VOTERS
The Primary Election will be held June 28, 2022
All elections are Mail Ballot Elections. The County Clerk's Office only mails ballots to active voters.
If you are not sure you are an active voter, please contact the County Clerk's Office at 970-944-2225 Ext 120.
You must be active no later than June 3, 2022 to receive a ballot by mail.
June 3, 2022 is the last day for a voter who is affiliated with a Political Party to change their affiliation if they wish to vote for a different party in the Primary Election.
Unaffiliated voters can choose a "Party Preference" by June 3, 2022 to receive the Primary Ballot that they wish to vote. This does not change your party affiliation from Unaffiliated it only indicates which party ballot you wish to receive in this Primary Election. If you do not pick a "Party Preference" you will receive both ballots but can only vote and return ONE ballot.
Logic and accuracy testing for voting equipment will be held on May 10, 2022 at 10:00 am The Public is Invited.